Tue, Apr 4, 2017 - 10:30am
Add to Calendar
The Dixon Group, Seattle Design Center Suite 232
Fabrics for the Home—Decoding Labels to Predict Performance CEU 104925
Health Safety, Welfare (0.1 CEU)—Intermediate
Subject Code 5—Technical Knowledge/ 16 Textiles
Presented by Patricia Hoffman, Thibaut Inc.
During this seminar we will:
• Decipher the various codes and symbols on fabric labels
• Compare the benefits and drawbacks inherent to various fibers, including fabric care and sustainability
• Review the standardized tests utilized to measure flammability, abrasion and lightfastness
• Discuss the finishing techniques that can be employed to improve those results
• Establish criteria for understanding when and where this information is relevant based on the intended use; upholstery, drapery and bedding
Presenter, Patricia Hoffman is the Managing Designer of Wovens and Web for Thibaut. She has worked in the industry for more than 16 years after graduating from Rhode Island School of Design with a Master’s in Textiles. Her experience ranges from developing and directing a furniture line, designing and converting textiles from India and translating artwork into woven jacquards at a mill. Currently she is responsible for creating and managing the woven collections for Thibaut. The need for performance fabrics is close to her heart as she is married with two children, and the owner of a new puppy!
Please join us for lunch following the presentation. RSVP required (206) 767-4454, email