Interior Design Project Manager
We are seeking a highly creative and energetic Project Manager that is passionate about design. The ideal candidate will have a diverse background with experience in a variety of project types. They will also have a passion and aptitude for dynamic design.
• Manage projects and project teams
• Provide interior design solutions for all phases of a project, including space planning; design development: design drawings; color and material selections; and construction administration
• Develop and manage work plans and staff
• Estimate fees and write project proposals
• Lead daily interaction with clients, architectural teams and design teams
• Manage the execution of design and contract documents including understanding detailing and specifications
• Provide Quality Control for contract documents
Education | Skills | Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Interior Design from a CIDA accredited university.
• Minimum of three years of experience with diverse client and project types preferred
• Must work well within a fast-paced, collaborative, team environment
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects types and sizes at the same time
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• History of developing and maintaining client relationships
• Auto CAD, Microsoft Word, Excel, Photoshop. Design Manager preferred but not required. We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Send cover letter, resume and portfolio to:• Graciela Rutkowski Interiors• 4520 Union Bay Pl. N.E.• Seattle, WA 98105• (f) 206.522.8205
Sales Representative/Account Manager
Seattle based luxury furnishings and fabric sales agency is looking for a Full-time sales representative/account manager for inside and outside sales to work with existing accounts; interior design and architect firms. Our product offerings provide a range to the Residential, Contract, Healthcare, Hospitality, Retail, Aviation & Marine industries.
We are seeking someone with a passion for fabrics and furniture and a LOVE of Interior Design and Architecture to help expand our sales and brands.
Candidate must be diligent, positive, motivated, and highly organized with exceptional written and verbal communication skills. We seek a committed, hard-working, energetic and self-motivated individual driven by success and accomplishments, who is looking to work in a fun, attitude-free, team environment.
• Outside Sales - Covering Washington & Oregon Sales Territories, primarily the greater Seattle & Portland metropolitan areas. Plan travel,
product presentations, develop & maintain relationships.
• Inside Sales & Customer Service - projecting friendliness and knowledge.
• New Business Development - develop and follow up new leads.
• Product Presentations - retain new product & materials knowledge, show new product as released.
• Account Management - Work independently to audit orders/ Must be detailed oriented to ensure orders are accurate.
• Select key product assortments to present to targeted clients.
• Identity sales markets and implement strategies to cover territories.
• Marketing - identify unique presentation & display opportunities within our established base of clients.
• College Degree in Interior Design, Architecture, Art, Marketing, Communications, English or relevant fields, commensurate experience also
• Minimum 2 years in the wholesale interior design/architecture industry.
• Fluent in English, written & spoken.
• Computer proficiency, Windows XP, Vista, and ability to quickly learn our sales management software, QuickBooks.
• Valid WA State Driver's License and reliable transportation.
• Customer service skills are imperative to this position (friendliness and effective communication skills (verbal/written) are a must!)
• Excellent public speaking, communication & interpersonal sales skills. In face-to-face, phone and email methods of communication.
• Exceptional public speaking, ability to retain product knowledge and project supportive salesmanship.
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume, along with salary desired to email@example.com. You can also hand deliver your resume to Trammell-Gagne at 5701 6th Ave S, Suite 105 Seattle, Washington.
Full time Office Manager
Mafi International, located in prestigious Seattle Design Center, is a custom and luxury rug fashion company serving the Northwest interior design community since 1994. Our clients include Bassett Furniture Direct, Thomasville furniture and Seldens Home Furnishings.
The responsibilities of this position are wide-spread, and the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience across all categories.
Position requirements include but not limited to:
• Accounts payable and receivable
• QuickBooks knowledge, with GAAP knowledge
• Bi-monthly statements, budgeting, project reporting
• Administrative tasks (client relations, filing, office organization, processing, etc.)
Our work environment is fun and friendly, but also intense and fast paced—where hard work, efficiency and team values are rewarded.
• Compensation: $30-35,000 + benefits BOE
• For immediate consideration and interview, please email Cyrus Mafi at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206.838.6008 9:00AM - 5:00PM
• For information about our organization, please visit micorp.biz.
Flexible - 6 months (or more) preferred
Up to 20-Hours per week
Do you have a passion for strategic marketing—a creative flair for public relations and desire for work experience? Seattle Design Center is seeking an intern to assist with day—to—day tasks and long term marketing initiatives. Over the course of the internship you will have the opportunity to assist us with social media, events, communications (web-based and print), advertising campaigns, and direct mail. Our approach is hands—on and educational.
Education, exposure and experience——isn’t that what all employers are looking for? Learn some of those essential skills at Seattle Design Center. Under supervision of the marketing specialist, the intern will provide support to the department and learn a wide variety of specific marketing and communications skills which will translate into any field of consumer—based marketing. This position includes opportunities to work on events with nationally recognized keynote speakers, large clients and planning processes. Join Seattle Design Center’s marketing team; interact with premier Northwest showrooms and designers for the exposure and experience you need.
The ideal candidate is:
• On the inside track with Microsoft Office — Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Avid user of social media platforms — LinkedIn, Yelp, Facebook and Twitter
• Detail oriented and creative
• Passion for sourcing and web—based research — if they make it, you can find it attitude
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Adobe Creative Suite 5 knowledge is a plus
• Event production assistance
• Organization and content building for Seattle Design Center communications
• Assist in updating content on SDC social media platforms
• Researching and coordinating promotional efforts
To apply please email Craig Cross and provide cover letter, resume, two writing samples and references (one personal/ one professional).
Internship Opportunities in SDC Showrooms
The showrooms listed below are currently accepting resumes for internships in their showroom. This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in the design industry to build a resume. Please fax or email a cover letter and resume to the contact listed under each showroom.
About Us:You will enjoy our group here at Trammell-Gagne, we are lots of fun and you can learn many things from interning with us. We like our interns to get the very most out of their experience with us … We look forward to having your join our beautiful showroom!
Showroom Assistant Intern
Unpaid/Credit Hours for Associated School Programs
Part—time or full—time, both available
Hours per week — flexible
Assisting Sales staff, showroom, owner, manager with Interior Designers and Architects with daily activities such as pulling fabric memos, inventory, stock checks, filing, putting packets together for marketing mailers, color stories, phones, computer work, etc. We also like our interns to get the best experience with all aspects of the showroom and encourage them to shadow the sales staff on meetings with our designers/ architects and help with the designing of the showroom vignettes. We also encourage interns to bring their ideas to the table and also let us know what aspects of the trade they would like to learn.
• Serious about the Interior Design profession
• Quick Learner
• Professional Appearance
To apply contact Brendan Freeman, by phone or email.
Part Time Academic Internships (For School Credit)
Jennifer West Showroom is accepting resumes for internships in its Seattle Design Center showroom, serving the Pacific Northwest interior design community. These internships will provide the individual real experience in the workings of a high-end furniture and fabric showroom — with a particular focus on the showroom displays, sampling, and logistics. Please send resumes via email. No telephone inquiries please.
leading high-end interior design firm in downtown Seattle has an opening for a Purchasing Manager/Office Manager for a thirteen-person office. The position includes handling most of the firm’s accounting functions.
The position requires a person with a strong customer service ethic and exceptional interpersonal skills in working with a demanding clientele, both commercial and residential. It also requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail, follow-through, and the ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
Purchasing is primarily for custom-made furnishings requiring multiple purchase orders for each item. Review designer proposals for clients for accuracy, wording and margins. Issue purchase orders and post to accounting system. Track production and shipping status of pending orders; co-ordinate with receiver and designer. Communicate with clients regarding order completion and final invoices. Oversee office furniture, equipment, and software purchases.
Office Management Duties
Monitor overall office work flow when Principal is out of the office. Manage office and copier leases, software subscriptions and insurance policies. Monitor IT infrastructure in conjunction with outside IT consultant.
Handle most company accounting functions with the exception of payroll – invoicing of time, reimbursables and goods, vendor payments, A/R and A/P tracking, expense reports and credit cards, journal entries. Reconcile bank and credit card statements and sub-ledgers. File monthly and quarterly excise tax returns. Produce monthly financial statements by the 10th of each month. Perform time billing analyses; track hours worked/billable/billed by worker and project completions.
Excel/Word/Outlook/Adobe Acrobat. Knowledge of Studio Designer or similar program preferred.